Our mission is to reduce homelessness among LGBT young adults in North Texas by opening and operating the first LGBT-focused shelter in the Tarrant County area, tailored to the needs of individuals ages 18-26.
We are calling it Dune’s Safe Place.
Our Programs will includes:
- Safe Shelter – transitional housing with an expected average stay of up to 6 months.
- LGBT-Focused -exclusively focused on young adult men ages 18-24.
- Case management – staff is on-site any time guests are present. A case manager meets weekly with each youth to build a map towards stability and self-sufficiency and to access needed services and resources from other community organizations
- Healthcare & Mental Health Services – depending on the needs of the individual, we partner with other agencies to provide access to primary medical care, HIV testing, as well as mental health assessment and treatment
- Life Skills – we will provide a home like environment in a family like setting. Residents will participate in daily activities such meal prep, urban gardening , household chores, laundry, communication skills, and will address any other issues interfering with independence and social well being.
We need your help to fund and grow this vital service in the Tarrant County area to house and support the community so no LGBT young adult in North Texas faces the prospect of homelessness alone.
Make A Difference Today
"Dune" Michar Harrison Jr.
Died June 16,2018 from an accidental drowning at the age of 22. This organization is about what he went through and what he stood for.