Our mission is to offer effective emergency housing solutions with long term effects to Young adults 18/24 who identify themselves as LGBT or not.
Our Programs includes:
- Safe Shelter – emergency housing resources, rapid rehousing programs, housing programs offer an expected stay of up to 6 months.
- LGBT-Focused -exclusively focused on young adult men of color ages 18-24.
- Case management – A case manager meets bi-weekly with each youth to build a map towards stability and self-sufficiency and to access needed services and resources from other community organizations
- Healthcare & Mental Health Services – Every individual will be promptly assessed to determine immediate needs of each person entering the program. We partner with other local agencies and organizations to provide access to primary medical care, dental, HIV testing, as well as mental health and substance abuse assessments and treatments.
- Domestic Violence / Intimate Partner Violence – Dune’s LGBT Homeless Solutions Foundation recognizes that lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and all others within the LGBTQ spectrum (LGBTQ+) experience domestic violence and abuse at a high rate. We work on the state and local level to make sure that LGBTQ+ victims and survivors get the help that they need. We have also built relationships with other local organization and agencies that will provide training, resources, and domestic violence programs that will provide meaningful services to LGBTQ+ victims and survivors.
- Covid 19 – Continuing homeless services during community spread of COVID-19 is critical. Dune’s is making plans to maintain services for all people experiencing unsheltered homelessness. Furthermore, clients who are positive for COVID-19 need to have access to services and a safe place to stay, separated from others who are not infected. To facilitate the continuation of services, community coalitions should identify resources to support people sleeping outside as well as additional temporary housing, including sites with individual rooms that are able to provide appropriate services, supplies, and staffing.
Isolation sites for people who are confirmed to be positive for COVID-19 by laboratory testing
- Quarantine sites for people who are awaiting testing, awaiting test results, or who were exposed to COVID-19
- Protective housing for people who are at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19
We need your help to fund and grow these vital services for all young adults with a specific focus on LGBT young adults in the Tarrant County area. These services are vital to provide housing and support services to the community so no young adult in North Texas faces the prospect of abuse or homelessness alone.
Make A Difference Today
"Dune" Michar Harrison Jr.
Died June 16,2018 from an accidental drowning at the age of 22. This organization is about what he went through and what he stood for.